A natural soluble fibre that helps maintain bowel health
- 100% natural
- Can lead to better bowel tone, more regular movements and a reduction in digestive 'upsets'
- A sweet soluble powder that can either be mixed into hot or cold drinks, sprinkled onto cereals and desserts or eaten off the spoon
- Safe for long-term use, although research has shown positive results after just 2 week
- Suitable for all ages, including children and during pregnancy
- Suitable for vegetarians
- his product consists of a special soluble fibre called Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), which is found in many vegetables such as chicory and onions. When you take FOS it passes through your digestive system undigested until it reaches your bowel where the live bacteria use it as a food source. The result is a rapid growth in the 'live' bacteria, such as Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus species.
After just 2 weeks of taking 8g of FOS daily, research has shown that it can significantly increase the number of beneficial bacteria in the gut by up to 10 times.
FOS is extracted from chicory roots and is suitable for all ages, including children and pregnant women, as well as those on yeast-free diets and those on medication, and can be used on a long term basis. It is a sweet soluble powder that can be mixed in to cold or hot drinks, sprinkled on cereals or eaten off the spoon.
Daily intake: 5 to 15 grams
Lamberts FOS (Fructo-oligosaccharides)
See presentation section for ingredients listed in bold.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites and Gluten containing ingredients.
If any of these intake levels cause excessive flatulence then to reduce the dose and gradually build up. The flatulence is a positive sign that FOS has reached the bowel and is feeding your 'friendly' bacteria. As the bacteria consume FOS a gas is produced which can lead to some flatulence at first however after a few days this will disappear as further 'friendly' bacteria develop and absorb the gases. For intakes over 10g (or 5g in children); dividing the intake into 2 daily doses 1 at each end of the day will help reduce flatulence.
FOS may cause temporary bloating. This is a short-term effect and once your system 'speeds up' the bloating will disappear. If bloating continues for more than 3 days then reduce the daily intake of FOS.
Be sure to drink at least 2 litres of fluids a day
To be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
(1 heaped teaspoon = 5g)
This product may be used in one of two ways:
- At low doses FOS acts as a prebiotic (bowel 'conditioner')
- At larger doses FOS conditions the bowel and also helps maintain regularity.
For specific requirements:
Initial Dose Maintenance Dose Adults 5g 10g Children 4 years & up 2.5g 5g
Initial Dose Normal Full Dose Maintenance Daily Dose Adults 5g Try 15g Try 20g Children 4 years & up 2.5g Try 5g 10g
Dissolve in hot drinks or sprinkle onto cereal. Alternatively simply take it 'off the spoon'. Be sure to drink at least 2 litres of fluids a day.